Monday 16 September 2013

The Liebster Award

A lovely lady and talented blogger, Susie Santry, has nominated me for the Liebster Award on her beautiful blog, Spring Summer Susie

Guess what! She likes nail varnish and Bruce Springsteen too-great minds must think alike ;) Give her a read, she's all about the keeping yourself healthy and expressing yourself through fashion! 


I am delighted for this opportunity as the award is given to bloggers with less than 200 followers in an attempt to boost their presence on the internet, to gain recognition for their writing and to network with fellow bloggers :)

The rules are simple, and as follows:

1) Link back to the person that nominated you (Spring Summer Susie!!)
2) Answer the 11 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee before you
3) Nominate 11 fellow bloggers (with under 200 followers)for the award 
4) Compose 11 questions for these nominees to answer
5) Notify the nominees on their blog 


EASY! So, first things first; my answers!

1: Why did you start a Blog?
That has many answers. I had come across a few blogs while on the net a few years ago, something that got me familiar with the whole concept of a "fashion blog". I knew I've always been a querky dresser and thought that it'd be cool to share my clothes with the world but I found it difficult to find a niche and an aim for my writing. Bargain hunting was my main reason for a long time.
This year, I discovered that I have a lot to offer with my experiences in life; with mental health issues and feeling well in yourself so that's the direction I'm taking with the blog now.


2: What's been your biggest fashion mistake?

A matching peach velour tracksuit, electric blue string top and a pair of massive silver heart-shaped hoop earrings when I was 14. That and letting my mother cut my fringe for my school graduation...



3: Best kept Secret of the beauty world?

Hmm, not too sure what way this question is meant to be answered so I'm going with my best kept secrets.
A tight situation

With regards to products, I think no one beats Catrice for nail varnish on value for money and colour range, and if we're talking about fashion tips-always wear a pair of extra knickers over your tights! Keeps from that horrible "penguin-leg" slippage!

4: What's your favourite movie?
Hands down, Back to the Future, I know every word! I'm  fascinated by history and time travel anyway, but when you combine it with the 80s AND the 50s, plus Michael J. Fox, Christopher Lloyd and a killer soundtrack-that's some movie, right there!

5: Who are your 3 worst-dressed celebrities?
Don't really follow celebrity fashion but I suppose the first three that come to mind are Miley Cyrus (if you could call her "dressed") Britney Spears, as I feel she'd really look much better with a new and refreshed image and Cheryl Cole because I think that she's completely unoriginal. (the tattoo really doesn't do it for me...)

6: If you had to take 3 food items with you to a desert island, what would you take?
Crisps. Green Olives. Chorizo. All good on their own, all good together and long shelf lives.

7: The one piece of clothing you would save from a fire.
So many for different reasons! One can never find the same bargains ever again! 

But I'm going to say my Communion dress simply because everything else could be replaced or forgotten but this was made for me by my mother. It's a very simple, straight down style that wasn't very fashionable of my day when the big hoops and puffy skirts were all the rage (we both kind of got the idea from a dress that Rose wore in Titanic, if you don't mind!) It has been a classic piece, standing the test of time having been worn by 3 of my cousin's since! I'd like to have it for my kids in the future. No fire is gonna get that dress!

8: If you could only read one blog for the rest of your life, what one would you pick and why?
It's a toss up between The Freelancer's Fashionblog (top) and Esme and the Laneway (bottom).

They both encapsulate a certain era or time, through their clothes and make-up and hair and interior décor and music-it's so beautiful.
Some lovely photography, hairstyles and vintage clothing. 

9: What is your favourite style era?
I have many but let's say fifties-red lips, polka dots, high-waisted shorts, flared skirts, flowers and cute shoes-that's most of my wardrobe!

10: What is your dream holiday destination?
I've always wanted to go to China since I did a project on the country in Primary School. I used to have my whole bedroom decorated in Chinese symbols and my mother made a wall hanging of a Dragon for the wall. I grew to love anything oriental, Japanese, Chinese, you name it! I have gathered posters and dolls and bamboo blinds and parasols and calligraphy sets through out the years, dreaming someday that I'd make it to that side of the world! 

11: What is your favourite high street store?
I think it goes without saying that most Irish girls love Penneys so instead of being predictable (which I totally am btw because 70% of my clothes come from there!)I believe that H&M are great for quality, price and classic style.

here are my 11 nominees:

My Nominees:
1: Bec Boop Fashionista World 
2: Girl Friday's Beauty Blog
3: Papervines
4: Like a Fine Skylark
5: Loladee
6: Undefined Blue Honey
7: Abbie Veronica
8: Dickie Bow Tie
9: A Ride With the Moon
10: Thoughts Collected
11: Claire-Ann

My Questions:
1: Why do you write your blog?
2: If you were to get a tattoo, what would it be, where would you get it and why? (Obviously, if you have a tattoo, just tell us where it is and what it's of! :) )
3: What is the single most loved outfit you have ever worn and why?
4: Does music inspire your style? How?
5: Name your top 3 girl crushes!
6: Be honest-Tea or coffee?

7: How do you think that fashion and style impacts on us? (Positive or negative ways)
8: Who inspires you and why?
9: What would you want the world to remember you for?
10: If you had the money to do what ever you wanted, what is the one thing without question you'd buy/do?
11: What make up item can you not live without?


Enjoy :) x

3 comments:

  1. Really enjoyed reading that its great to get to know bloggers a little better! Thanks for answering all my questions :) you'll definitely need to go visit China someday!!!! X

    Susie
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reading and thank you for nominating me! I really relate to your blog actually, so it was also nice to find a new icon to follow! ;)

    J x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post! i could easily live on a desert island with some chorizo also. Magic food! :) x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

LinkWithin